Guidelines for the
2015 - 23rd Annual
SCJA Design Competition
Click here for Entry Form
The South Carolina Jewelers Association is dedicated to advancing and promoting the business interest of South Carolina Jewelers. As part of our commitment, we are proud to sponsor our 23nd Annual Design Competition.
This is your opportunity to let others see your talents!
Design is a unique factor in the relationship between customer and designer. One of our goals at SCJA is to promote cutting edge jewelry design and manufacturing techniques. Announcement of the awards will take place at our annual conference, May 15-17, 2015. All designers are encouraged to attend.
All stores sponsoring contest entries must be current SCJA members. Each Member Store is limited to one entry per category. Pieces must be entered into one of the following categories:
1. $1,000 and under
2. $1,001 to 3,000
3. $3,001 and over
(Prices refer to the cost of materials used to create the piece. )
First place in each of the three categories, and "Best of Show” award will be presented. Price category winners will be determined by a panel of industry judges. The "Peoples Choice" winner is determined by voting open to all attendees of the SCJA annual convention. Press releases will be sent to South Carolina and Trade Press. Best of Show automatically advances to the JA Design Competition.
General Competition Guidelines and Eligibility
1. Pieces must be the designers own concept and designed and produced within 12 months of the SCJA Design Competition by the person whose name appears on the "Designer Name" section of the entry form.
2. Pieces created by more than one designer are allowed as long as all persons contributing to the creation of the piece are listed on the entry form.
3. Sets (necklace and earrings, matching wedding bands, etc.) can be entered as long as the pieces were designed and created as a set, and display a unified design theme
4. All pieces must be made in Silver, Platinum, or Gold or combination of these metals.
5. All stones must be genuine.
6. All pieces must have a hallmark and quality stamp.
7. All designers must complete an official entry form before submitting pieces to SCJA.
Practically/Ability to wear
Entry Terms and Conditions
Return Entry Form completed and sent to SCJA by April 24th with a $25.00 entry fee per piece. Entry pieces should be hand delivered to the Annual Conference by Friday, May 15th during Registration.